We have used Trust Mortgage for four loans and they quickly put us into the right program and were adaptable to our concerns. We are both real estate managers and investors, and we often run our investment scenarios by Trust to get their financial advice and real estate opinions. I liked working with Trust because they speak my language.
- Stuart Comins is Certified Property Manager with a portfolio of properties in several states. He is President of Crowninshield Management.
I was not licensed to originate in North Carolina, but that wasn’t a concern because Trust Mortgage represented me and I was paid after the closing in full. Working with Trust Mortgage means that I can represent my clients, even if they take their business out of state.
- Christopher Smith of CB Smith & Co, Inc. is a New York-area mortgage broker who originates structured financing across the country.
Trust was able to restructure my debt and maximize our loan amount on a complicated real estate transaction in a historically-difficult lending environment. Other lenders were only able to see the transaction in black-and-white terms, Trust was able to add important context and color.
- Daniel T. Curtin is President of Curtin Associates, a Greater Boston-area real estate developer, investor and lender.
There’s always the worry that either the borrower, his attorney or the lender is going to be sensitive with broker’s fees and try to reduce them at the closing. Since I was paid by Trust Mortgage, I didn’t have to worry about that.
- James Wolfe is President of Coastal Capital and has closed 6 loans with the Trust Mortgage team, including new construction, and refinance loans across the east coast.
Broker Support and ServicesCommercial Mortgage Broker/Correspondents Trust Mortgage supports a large network of commercial mortgage brokers. Our correspondents typically earn in excess of one point based on the finance and placement fees on any FHA loan. This fee is typically paid to you within one day of a closing. We strive to protect the special relationship that you have fostered with your borrower - and we put that protection in writing for two years from his/her last submission. The best protection is that you become our correspondent when we send the engagement letter on any loan. This protects you in three major areas:
- It’s secure: You never have to go through your borrower for fees, we secure your payment
- It’s cost-neutral: It does not cost the borrower any more to use your services than if he/she called us direct. This is a big difference between FHA loans and other loans. Your client will continue to depend on your consultation and guidance for this and future transactions.
- It cuts through red tape: In this scenario, you are our partner, not a broker. This alleviates issues that you may have with licensing as states require various forms of commercial mortgage brokers licenses. The license issue goes away when our lender pays you, not the borrower. You are responsible for understanding any local laws in your state or municipality as they may apply.
- Trust Mortgage is only offering FHA insured loans currently.
- Please use our simple one page Quote Sheet to receive prompt attention. This ensures the information we receive is standardized and allows us to respond quickly.
- The property should be under the control of the borrower when you contact us.
- We are happy to speak with you to discuss any questions you have on the program: 1-800-LENDER-1